31 March 2014

I Saw an Aftermath of Death

"Today I saw an aftermath of death. At the corner of the bushy road. Where cars and lorries passed by."

"And today, Death passed by. And left an empty vessel with no life, a body showered in his own blood."


This evening, there was a slight and sudden road jam. Though it was short, but it was sobbing. I was sober in my heart. I saw a man lying in the bush with some flower of blood painting on his own skin.

It was expectable, when seeing him still with no movement, and that nobody was near him, I knew that he was gone but I was too afraid to accept the reality. He might have no relation with me, and I don't even know him, but I was feeling empathy. I put myself in his situation.

That could be the end of his journey in this world, but what about the life he left behind? His family? His wife, his children, his parents, friends, siblings, and everything else.

I can't imagine, that moment, his wife could be preparing food, waiting him to come home, his children could be playing, asking their mom, "When is daddy coming back?". Despite at the moment, that important man of the family already left things behind. At that moment, his family keep on waiting for him to ride his bike home, not knowing that he would never return.

He's gone through his stupor of death, and what he left behind, was probably far more than we could imagine. But we don't know even slightly of what he may bring along in his meeting with his Lord.

Us?

1 comment:

  1. fuhh.

    dat y lah kita kene selalu doa mohon khusnul khotimah. sebab tak tau pengakhiran yg bagaimana nanti.

    dulu selalu doa biar diri sendiri mati dulu sebelum org lain(ibu ayah,adik beradik n lain2)

    ReplyDelete